Labels

Sunday 30 June 2013

My sister's coming to visit!


Last weekend my sister finally confirmed her flight ticket to Korea!
I'm so happy that she's decided to fly the 25 hour journey to see me...
She's the bestest.

We have a very special, and pretty weird relationship.

It looks something like this



We're super close and very weird around each other -
it's a true kind of love.
Also added to this is the fact that I haven't seen ANY family since I left Cape Town in April   last year.
 I predict some crying (in my mind they'll be joyful tears of love but in reality it's going to be loud ugly cries and awkwardly long hugs where my sister tries to get away). 
I'm a happy crier. 
My sister is not going to be impressed.
This makes the crying even more enjoyable I think ^^

It'll be the first time she's leaving South Africa on her own 
so I'm hoping her first overseas experience is wonderful.

Commence Epic Planning of Koreanness.

(Koreanness is not a word - I just made it up)

At the moment, my Epic Planning of Koreanness looks like this:

Feed Her
See Exciting Stuffs
See Korean Stuffs
Go SHOPPING

Apparently my list-making skills aren't very detailed or comprehensive.
According to other more informed people, this kind of planning leaves something to be desired.



So I decided to do some real planning...
SERIOUS PLANNING

Feed her

This is important.

Korean Food. Because we will be in Korea.

Ideas Include: Bibimbap, kimchi, dakgalbi, samgypsal, galbi, solongtang, jajangmeon, jimdak


Hopefully her reaction to Korean food will be something like this


See Exciting Stuffs


um...

I'm exciting right? OK so she'll see me. That's exciting.

Maybe a Korean baseball game and a water park would also be good bonuses of excitement.





See more Korean Stuffs


Korean palaces, Hanbok Village, Tea Houses, Namsan Tower, museums,
Hello Kitty Cafe , cat and dog cafes, jimjilbangs...

We're in Korea. I'm pretty sure she'll see Korean stuffs.
If she doesn't, I'm officially the worst tour guide EVER.


Go SHOPPING

YES. This I've got down.

Myeong-dong, Dongdaemun, Namdaemun, Insadong, Gimpo Mall, COEX.
Plus a few underground markets here and there.

One thing I can do = SHOPPING.

This will be our shopping face

Hopefully my planning will all be worth it and the baby sis will have a lovely Korean trip.
Or I'll lose her and my parents will never speak to me again.

Hold thumbs for me... It could go either way.
(To Laura: I joke! I will not lose you!!!)

During her stay in Korea,
I'll keep everyone updated with our adventures and misadventures,
so make sure to check up on LeecheeLaughs in the coming weeks...


*All gifs are taken from kikinitinkorea

No comments:

Post a Comment