Labels

Thursday 9 May 2013

A little bit of moving happiness~~


I have finally moved into the new house of amazingness (happy dance, happy dance and smiles). The move was pretty stressful and the poor moving people had a lot to do. So I decided to "help". In my brave attempt to move some of my own furniture and boxes, I managed to break one glass frame, most of my wine glasses, and a few Korean souvenirs I had bought for the family back in South Africa (sorry family)...After my many indiscretions the moving people refused to let me help anymore...It went a little like this:

Me: So much work!
Moving people: Yes many works
Me: I will help you! (big smile of helpfulness)
Moving people: errrrrr... weh? (they don't know that I know this means "why" in Korean)
Me: I help!
Moving people: (Korean) something something foreigner crazy something something

(5 minutes)

Me: (watching the glass shatter after I bashed it into the wall) oh crap
Moving people: (Horror-stricken faces) Oh-to-kehhhhhh....??? (this translates to How the heck did you manage that????)
Me: um...whoops
Moving people: You no help.

Apparently I'm not good at moving. 


But here is a lovely photo of my view from the fourteenth floor ^^

It rained a little yesterday so you can't tell, but there's a majestic mountain in the background.
Don't ignore the majestic mountain.
I'm so grateful to my Korean co-teacher, Raemi, who helped organise everything for me - she really is the best. I'm pretty sure I would have been reduced to a puddle of sadness and broken glass if she hadn't been there. While I tried to "help" she was rushing around actually doing meaningful things.

Now that I've moved, I'm ready for something new to focus on. Travelling...

This time I'm thinking of Indonesia. More to come on that a little later ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment