Labels

Monday 27 May 2013

That time I got beat up by a roller-coaster ...


This weekend, I visited Everland ...

It is one of the many theme parks in Korea.



We took the 5002 bus from Gangnam in Seoul and
then caught a free shuttle to the resort.
Luckily, traffic wasn't too bad and it took us around 1h30min to reach Everland.



Everland = roller-coasters, candy floss, popcorn, animals, 
children (in various states of sugar happiness and exhausted tantrums)
fantasy parades and loads of queues.

At the moment, Everland is hosting a Rose Festival 
and the amusement park is such a beautiful array of colours.
The festival stretched out like a kind of flowery rainbow across the theme park.
It was beautiful and an amazing experience,
  really bringing the resort to life.
If they wanted to create a fairy tale - they definitely achieved it.



Travel Tip: Foreigners get a special Everland discount so make sure to ask about that.


Although I would never call myself an adrenaline junky,
(actually, a part of me was convinced I'd do something embarrassing,
like breakdown and cry, throw up or something equally as ridiculous),
I wanted to get the biggest roller-coasters out of the way first...
What's the biggest roller-coaster in Everland?

Introducing the T-express.
T-Express as we were heading up...

The T-express is the second tallest wooden roller-coaster in the world,
and with a drop of almost 50 meters,
it makes for a fun and scary time.
I managed to hold onto my dignity and surprised myself by enjoying the crazy ride.
Actually, we went on it twice.

Although I did enjoy it...I came away with some interesting battle scars.
Somehow I managed to bruise myself (not sure how) - 
I have no recollection of how this may have happened...
I must have banged my arm on the railing  
but because of all the adrenaline (aka terror) I didn't even notice.
The second time I made sure to protect my bruised right arm 
and in the process I manged to cut my left elbow.
Again, not sure how. But there was quite a bit of blood.

This photo was taken about an hour after I hit my arm...
It looked worse later

These kinds of things - they happen to me a lot.
I'm just glad I didn't somehow managed to fall out of the ride.

And that is how a Korean roller-coaster managed to beat me up.

It was pretty awesome ^.^


No comments:

Post a Comment