Labels

Friday 24 May 2013

A weekend in Seoul


Although I live in Incheon,
most weekends I find myself traveling to Seoul.

Incheon vs Seoul is very much like comparing
Bellville to Cape Town (South Africans will understand this analogy).
Basically, there's no real comparison.
Cape Town and Seoul are better.
Always.

My church is in Seoul,
festivals happen in Seoul,
there is English in Seoul
(I'll never take English for granted again).
Seoul also has cheese.
Real cheese.
(Cheese and English - they be important)
And Costco.
Seoul has Costco.

This weekend, I had a lovely time in Seoul with my friend Roxy 
(look up her blog The Frame Trail - it's beautiful).

We went to the Jazz Festival

This is how we spent a glorious day in the sun
This is me. In the sun. At an outdoor music concert. In Seoul.
Plus there was wine.
I was definitely in a happy place.
We saw Mica on stage. It was great.
And super fun.
There were giant balloons.


We explored Insadong





Ate good food and drank loads of coffee (I had coffee - Roxy had tea)


This is Roxy. She is awesome.

And we went to church.

It was a lovely weekend with some lovely friendy friends.


Rainbow Nation. In Korea ^^
Not really - Nyeasha is American. But she's got hair like mine.

Seoul is wonderful as long as you're not on the subway...
The subway is not a happy place.


No comments:

Post a Comment